eat

Uncategorized

e cooks: fresh pasta

For E’s 30th birthday in a few weeks’ time, he’s planning to cook up a storm for us and a few friends. To say he’s excited about it is an understatement – he’s already planned the menu and the timeline of his preparations!

One of the dishes he plans to make involves fresh pasta, so he decided (three weeks earlyโ€ฆ) to practise his pasta making skills, with the aid of a traditional machine that he got given second hand from a friend. And as usual, I was there as paparazzi.

With some red pesto and salami, this was one decadent dinner. He used the recipe from this book, which he’s tried before and swears by, and I have to admit the dough is perfect. There’s no denying that making pasta at home is a little more hassle than buying pre-made, but for a special occasion or a relaxed weekend it’s so worth it. You don’t even need a pasta machine, I’ve tried it without a machine before and it definitely works, you just need some elbow grease.

Do you have a favourite pasta recipe? Please inspire us so we can have an excuse to make this again!

• Reply Makeable

Mmm I love pasta!Vongole is my favorite ๐Ÿ™‚

January 16, 2014 at 7:55 am
  • Reply Hannah Hoskins

Make ravioli!! It's so fun and looks so great. Usual recipe rolled out into sheets. Make whatever filling you fancy and put little balls of the filling in the middle of a sheet. Fold the sheet over, cup round the mixture to get the air out and then cut, and crimp with a fork to seal! X

January 16, 2014 at 9:07 am
  • Reply To The River

Since I ve got cca two kg piece of really good parmigiano I only eat pasta with grated parmigiano and olive oil, not really inventive, but tastes amazing. But that machine, that's something I would like to have. I m not even sure if I would have free time to make it, but it s like a kid's play, I want it, to put my time, attention and sense of play into making it:) Really love the idea! xx

January 16, 2014 at 9:22 am
  • Reply OtherMix

Looking good! I bet homemade pasta is the best!

January 16, 2014 at 12:36 pm
  • Reply Setarra

Oh em gee! I've never had homemade pasta before! I'm sure it tasted even better because it was made with love ๐Ÿ™‚

January 16, 2014 at 3:45 pm
  • Reply Ice Pandora

Making homemade pasta is on my to-do list, but I don'town a pasta machine maker at all… your pasta looksAMAZING! Xx

January 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm
  • Reply Jane

omg how amazing. my husband and i are dying to make homemade pasta. bet your husband's tasted amazing!

January 16, 2014 at 5:01 pm
  • Reply Ellie

your husband's pasta looks delicious!!

January 17, 2014 at 3:23 am
  • Reply jennie

I now feel bad for just always opening a packet of pasta and boiling it! Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

January 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm

WOWOWOW so incredible, I am definitely jealous! I want to make my own pasta haha (read: I want someone to make me homemade pasta…). I LOVE the motion in your pictures!

January 18, 2014 at 10:21 pm
  • Reply Valerie

I would love to make my own pasta at home one day. Looks like E did a great job. I think he's ready for the bday party ๐Ÿ˜‰

January 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm
  • Reply Emma

I'd love to try to make my own pasta – looks like he did an amazing job, the last picture looks delicious!

January 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm
  • Reply Georgina Carr

I would love to try making homemade pasta, especially something like basil pasta, but the time it takes always puts me off, E's looks so delicious though that it definitely looks worth it! xxwww.thelibrarian.co.uk

January 29, 2014 at 11:09 pm